Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cremation is cheaper, Protein can help liver

    I'd actually read it elsewhere, in Dr. Sear's book about "The Zone" diet, that you should eat some protein with each meal as it somehow "activates" the liver to work, to help process other foods coming in. But my nutritionist/pharmacist told me my hair sample indicated I had a low functioning thyroid and low functioning adrenal system. The latter I could understand because for 4 and half years I was on the anti-estrogen pill Femara, as a post breast cancer treatment. But being in that seemed to give me intestinal problems and food allergies, along with thinning hair and wrinkled skin (nice). But the low thyroid thing I was hoping was not true. But it is hard for me to lose weight, or stop eating sometimes-- I blame sugar and avoiding it seems to help.
     So I am eating more nuts and meat. Just need to add beans not too. I worry, of course, about the dang hormones in meat. The nutritionist, Dottie, said to go for organic meat and vegetables, but that is very expensive to do. I am trying to remember to use my lemons to squeeze and drink -- in the body they are actually alkaline and cancer does not like an alkaline body -- do take that, cancer!
    Was thinking about what my mother said -- she said that cremation of my recently deceased dad was the cheapest. I looked online and I guess at www.veteransfuneralcare.com there are locations where you can take a vet and get a discount. I think my dad was in the Marines for four years and that was it. He may have completed college after that and then went on to become a teacher. After so many years, I am following in his footsteps as an adjunct at R. U., but the pay is lousy. Why can't I ever make a decent living?

No comments:

Post a Comment