Friday, July 15, 2011

Family Can Create Stress, Hair Sample Results

    While it may be true that the family that prays together stays together, I think the family that bugs you or drives you nuts certainly doesn't help. We all have parents who don't really listen, but what about a sibling? You figure your sibling would be an ally, someone you can talk to, a friend. But when the sibling isn't, it's more like "the ties that bind," if you know what I mean. Ill siblings, mentally handicapped siblings, or a brother or sister who act irresponsibly or like bratty children are no fun to be around. And how about childish sisters who lecture, as though they have all the answers to what is going on in their lives? Doesn't anyone else have frustrating siblings out there? And don't get me started on know-it-all in-laws.
    My father is in a care facility and it is unfortunate. He threw up into a pillow and breathed it in and caused a lung infection. Now he is on a respirator. My childish sister thinks it is all "his fault" and says she is not sympathetic. When you are pushing 60 you should be a bit more sensitive. When he passes and then my mother I will have to deal with this immature person, probably in person. Maybe it is good she is 3,000 miles away. I stress easily. You would like your family to be supportive and not cause stress but sometimes they aren't much help. Sometimes you need to seek others for support.
    My doctor/oncologist certainly wasn't supportive, or supportive enough lately. So I went to a pharmacist/nutritionist and it is strange that the hair strand test results she got for me said I have "too much" calcium and magnesium, and that I need to eat more protein. That supposedly helps your liver and your metabolism and thyroid. I wish I were 20 pounds lighter now. Diets always take so long to produce any results. Should probably lift weights too.

No comments:

Post a Comment