Saturday, June 7, 2014

Will travel by train, will write

     Dear Blog,
    It's actually been a month since school (college) let out and am preparing now to to go to New York to a writers' conference/retreat at Colgate University, in Hamilton, south of Utica. Writing has been a challenge because I think I'm suffering from this "computer vision syndrome". Well, if you're  55+ and postmenopausal and have some dry eye issues to begin with, how can you  sit for hours and write (and for me) a book?
     But last night I tried some allergy medicine. I think it helped a little with pressure I am feeling above my eyes. I might have a combination sinus pressure and computer 'eye strain,' both of which are highly unhelpful. I am not a fast typist either, making typing, "creating" my book a slow, painful process. I wish I were a faster typist.
     The spouse wants to do something different. So we are traveling on Amtrak  (the train) from Lynchburg, Virginia to Albany, New York, on the way to my writers' conference. I will be at the conference while he visits his brothers and their wives. I wonder what attractions there are from Albany to Colgate U. that we can visit? I will have to find that out later. Need to get back to typing that book!

No comments:

Post a Comment