Friday, September 6, 2013

School Starts, Getting into a routine is hard

    School has started and both classes seem pretty polite. Or maybe it's partly that they don't remember a damn thing about logic and are trying to get it all down. The fourth class I had them read and then write about a few "case studies," judgments concerning the  use of guns and cell phones. I hope they were at least a little interested in it. It was hard to tell.
    One student wanted to "sit out" the class and told me so. He said it was "too nice" outside. I said we would go on a class walk next week, and would he come to this class? He did and I hope he thought he made the right choice. This generation of college students is very distractible. I hope they are learning something-- we'll see with the first quiz next week.
   I'm getting into the "school" routine, but not the writing routine. Both things are very isolating and wish I was doing this "more" with someone. But that is the nature of both. I am a very independent person anyway, I guess, but sometimes I would like someone here to confer with and encourage me with my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment