Friday, July 5, 2013

The Fourth of July happened

     Well, the town decided, with the local park partly flooded, to cancel the usual town festivities, except for the 4th of July fireworks. The spouse was a grump because we picked a different spot from which to watch them from, as I thought our spot near the museum on the hill was too close.
     This time, it was even closer! The fireworks filled the whole sky where we were, in a lot on the right side of Wade's Supermarket, and it was so loud I plugged my ears! Big sprays of orange, combinations of red, gold, blue and green were interesting, as well as gold shimmering and some "whistling" sounds. Today, July 5th, the water receded from the park so I can walk there later if I so choose. But it has already rained today again, at least in some areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment