Monday, October 8, 2012

Students will be students, life in general

     I guess students will be students. Some of them are fairly diligent, some fall far behind. I have several who haven't even bothered to pick up the assignment that is 25 percent of their grade!
     I shouldn't take it personally that some of them are just sorry. But teaching can be a frustrating thing. Students don't listen much anymore. They would rather be on their cell phone texting, I guess.
     I was going to go on a hike with the NRV Outdoor Rec club Sunday, but it turned out to be wet and cold and cancelled out on Saturday night. I was looking forward to that little adventure. I have so little adventure in my life. Some would say writing is an adventure. It is more a frustration sometimes. You write and you try to get noticed, but it is difficult to make that happen. I'm no Stephen King. (Should I be?)
     It is wet and dreary today too. I hope the leaves don't all fall before I take my classes on a "leaf collecting" expedition!

No comments:

Post a Comment