Saturday, September 17, 2011

Internet Concerns, Health expenses, politics

    I actually had a hard time starting this as it seemed to have forgotten my password, so I had to get another one. There is a lot to this internet business and you could spend all day learning more about it if you so desired. But I have many things to do, many writing projects I am working on.
    It galls me that the place where I got a bone density scan last year is "hounding me" for money. It is in the third tier of my husband's insurance, so it paid next to nothing. The full price for use of their 'room,' and interpreting the results is $800! Imagine if I had this done in Canada! No, I don't want to go to cold Canada for healthcare; I just want affordable healthcare in the U. S. Are hospitals greedy or do they think poor college adjuncts (my income is close to minimum wage) can afford this sort of thing? Why can't they be more reasonable?
    When I see Pres. Obama on TV talking about jobs and a jobs bill, I cannot for the life of me understand how the conservative "crazies" in Congress can disagree with him? Just as the Great Depression took a full decade to straighten out, so too do we need to look at government job creation options. And during the 1930s they also came up with the 40 hour week and also somethings that are monumentally important now -- unemployment insurance and Social Security. And those wanting to get rid of Social Security don't have their heads on straight. Do they really want to see old people living on the street in this country? It is so expensive to live. Of course we need to give our seniors Social Security. Of course, if you are a millionaire then you certainly don't need it, but many senior citizens do. My husband wants to take advantage of it too. We need to support Obama and not let the conservative crazies run everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment