Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Where's the Mailman when you need him/her?

    As our snowstorm approached in Virginia I thought, well, instead of rushing to the post office before the big snow hits, I will just put my several, stamped letters in our white mailbox at the road, red flag up. I was certain the mailman (or in my case, mail woman), would drive by pick up my outgoing mail. She comes by in a mini van of sorts with a red and blue stripe running along it.
So, at 10:30, a. m., I put all my mail into my mailbox conveniently bordering the street for the mailman to pick up, as the snow started to come down.
    I waited for the mailman to come by at 12 o'clock, at one o'clock, two o'clock, etc. It snowed, and snowed, and kept going, till we had about six inches of snow. White stuff we had, mailmen we did not. It snowed till 7 o'clock! What happened to the "neither rain, nor hail, nor snow, nor sleet will stay the mailman from his appointed rounds," and we're talking about someone in a vehicle, not someone putting his shoulder into the wind! What happened? What if I'd needed to reach a creditor by the next day? They  didn't show, the wimps!!
    Well, that stinks. So much for customer service. The mail person finally "did" arrive when if was convenient for her -- the next day, AFTER it snowed! You got some 'splaining to do, Madam post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment