Monday, October 3, 2011

Miserable cold Highlanders' Festival, Radford,VA, hair still thinning out

     My musings on life are not all that amusing, are they? Kurt Vonnegut had the line "and so it goes" and now has a biography with that title. What could my
literary title be? And so she went (and needed to lose weight and become somebody to have some satisfaction in life and make a difference). I think we all want to make a difference. I stay dissatisfied with myself all the time. But I am no great perfectionist either. Just looking for publication, I guess, some validation.
     I am going to try to write about the "Highlander Festival". It is an annual event in Radford for the Scottish clan in you, with Scottish competition like the  hammer toss, tossing hay bales (supposed to represent sheep and they wanted to be humane, I guess ) all kinds of arts and crafts, Irish bread, Amish Bread, Celtic symbols, bands that use fiddle, guitar and drums. I have been to this event several times and the band was good, despite it being cold and then starting to rain, and then not raining,and then being cold again. It was miserable, but they got us up and jumping several times and met a few English
club friends there too!
   I'm in here waiting for a student and look in the mirror -- man,I need to lose body fat, and need a wig almost, this low thyroid crap is bad. I need to increase my metabolism, and/or find a doctor who can. Wish I had some real money to go to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment