Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Winter Wonders, Son Moving, Money

   Well, winter has made itself known again, with an inch of white before it almost all disappears. We have had, now, our sixth snow, even if it is not more than an inch. And people question global climate change? I don't see how they can doubt something is happening with our weather.
    Still, the Master Naturalist must push on. It was a "wonder" the other week I could do water monitoring. I foolishly thrust my hand into 38o degree water (!) to encapulate some rushing stream water-- how can water be so cold and still flow! (Okay, yeah, right, it's not 32 degrees.) I should have
brought something waterproof along, like a few layers of those yellow latex dishwashing gloves, over a pair winter gloves that aren't so bulky. My husband suggested this later--- after the experience.
   The oldest son, Zeb, helped with the water monitoring experience but it looks like he will be moving to a new place. He actually found himself a decent paying job! True, it is at a prison in a rural area several hours' drive away, but, hey, that's something in this economy. But helping him move will put a dent in our meager savings. Ah well, it's always easy come, easy go with savings. But in 2011, if I can find work as a  writer, then that will be great! There are writing possibilities out there and, hopefully, I can finish my novels (that's right, two of them) and get published FOR PAY, the two words all writers hope for. Maybe I should do a blog for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment